Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Huck Finn Book And Movie Differences

Interview: CARLOS ACOSTA























CARLOS ACOSTA: "As a director I generated trouble actor

Two more solid and entertaining productions last year were: The forbidden apple of Gonzalo Rodríguez Risco and faith lessons Claudia Sacha. The common denominator lies both stagings its director, Carlos Acosta, who won the award for Best Director of 2010 for Critical The Office. "I I graduated from the School of Drama at the Catholic University (ETUC) and actor in the 87" recalls Carlos. "I had as teachers Roberto Angeles, Jose Enrique and Luis Peirano Mavila. During the process, we had a Directing Workshop with Jorge Chiarella, which went parts ridiculous The beautiful and was a revealing experience for me, I drew some stage direction. "

After completing his studies, Carlos went to work as an actor with brakemen group, with Roberto Angeles as director of the group. "We had a Teatrino in block 10 of Av Arequipa and started to experiment, I knew I had to create my own projects and not wait to call me." was so Carlos was "dared" to lead The beautiful ridiculous in that area, "the normal presumption that every young person who starts it, and should not ever lose," says . The staging was a success, the season lasted for eight weeks with full room and visited schools and universities. "I had as actors Antonio Aguinaga and Fernando Vasquez. With the profits of the work could recover the money I borrowed from my father for the project. I also received much support from the AAA, which I rented the costumes at low prices and comments from teachers, peers and the public were very positive, " he said.

The stage direction

After The beautiful ridiculous , Carlos became aware of taking the stage direction as an opportunity to work, and I could say things which interested him through their productions. "The theater because I love to tell stories" said. "I take the history and recreation without betraying the author." Carlos But initially all the works were nightmares in power, that should be addressed not only as director but also as a producer. "It is a serious direct and produce at a time, as director asked for things, but as a producer was not to get them, it was very limiting creatively" . That's where born, as he thinks Carlos, the famous Peruvian or Latin creativity. "We know how to solve problems due to lack of economic resources" says with conviction. "The idea is to solve them creatively and not seems you had no other option. "

Carlos is important to separate the management of the production of a play. "The first time I worked as a director was only when I directed the work drying Parallel Juan Manuel Sanchez, for the National Theatre" he recalls. "I was director at the end did not have to worry about anything, Nany Díaz producer had to provide all my needs." And is that for the work, Carlos needed a square trampoline and the producer should get it. "One day I reported that found a round trampoline but that brought another meaning, referred them to other readings that I did not want to mount. In the end, after much searching, ends up getting the square bed. "

"My job as principal is make trouble for the actor," says Carlos . "No problem, the actor is not given the possibility of creative solutions. The more complex the problem proposed in the work, I will be found increasingly creative solutions. " And obviously, the staging, with Carlos Acosta as director, will be enriched greatly, to result in cleaner assembly, consistent and fluid. As it was, for example, Lessons of faith, which premiered last year at the Sound Theatre. "Directing Elvira (Dela Puente) and Haydee (Cáceres) was an incredible experience" recalls Carlos. "I had great expectations for working with them and discovered two wonderful human beings with rich emotional charge."

For Carlos, when a director works will come to mind concepts and offers its players, but they do not know in advance. "Your" gun " as director is that only you know and you put it as a problem. After causing the problem, you're routing the actors to find creative solution options. In the end, end up being better than what you had originally proposed. " Carlos recalls that lessons faith in the first reading and was all settled. "I said jokingly: Well, ladies, we are a week before the premiere."

The ENSAD, workshops and group

Carlos Acosta has spent 10 years as a professor at the National Theatre School (ENSAD) and ensures that at first I thought only take one cycle. "I see as a disadvantage to be a professor of ENSAD; to enter the education you know that will capture all your time and that is why I left personal projects for 8 years." Despite the wear clear that a teacher receives, especially one of action, in which young people put their hopes and end up demanding it, the experience turns out to be invaluable. "I nourish the students," says Carlos . "You learn of the problems that will arise, is very rich for your personal growth, learn what you apprehend them."

"Recently I considered the decision to re-create my own artistic projects and workshops to continue the performance." For Carlos, the fact of working in the ENSAD not a problem with the dictates of workshops. "A workshop is more particular" said. "The ENSAD offers a much more comprehensive." The work The forbidden apple was the result of his work with the group Free Word, which is part with Fiorella Díaz, Sergio Cárdenas Ota and Yuri. "They were all students of mine and I proposed having a group with who could say what we wanted with absolute freedom. "


















projects

"I remember that I am also an actor," says Carlos, who last performed in Two for the road Cesar De Maria, next to Tatiana Espinoza (pictured), a work that Charles also directed. "I want to return to action and to demonstrate in full action." As director, Carlos needs its actors "have confidence in the person who will guide, which are intuitive, with a gesture that they know where to go, and have the mind willing, open and free." On the other hand, acting director want your "pick me as best he sees fit, as an idea or image."

Carlos is preparing to run in April suddenly a kiss, a text by Eduardo Adrianzén at Sound Theatre, which will be staging three young actors. "I have also planned to continue my acting workshop this summer and hope to arrange a quote for a project and acting as an actor." Carlos is important to continue to learn from the experiences offered by the theater as well as creating links with human beings involved in these creative processes. "It is important to recognize creative and human beings. Sometimes a director is like a merchant of illusions and so are people who want to share these experiences with you " he concludes.

Sergio Velarde
January 12, 2011

0 comments:

Post a Comment